Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Silverpoint





Oh elusive line. I've been searching you out in the most unusual of forms. Sewing you into paper, drawing you with ever finer detail and sharper pencil and now transcribing you with metal. Yes metal - silverpoint to be exact. An old, old drawing method favored by Renaissance artists like Leonardo da Vinci. I like you. You're metallic glean, the smoothness of the golden drawing ground you requested, the way you don't let me erase you, but are at the same time somehow forgiving of my missteps. These are poor quality "work in progress" pictures, of a new kind of drawing I've been making. It relates to individuality and collective, and the idea of repeating forms in nature, and the various ways we determine knowledge, and probably some more things i'm too tired to talk coherently about just yet. Something is brewing though, I can feel it simmering under the surface and I'm excited to see where it takes me.

I'll post better pictures when I'm farther along.

No comments:

Post a Comment