Tuesday, March 3, 2009

papercuts & embroidered lines



I'm obsessing over papercuts and embroidered lines.

Last night I couldn't sleep and I saw all these small tableau's around me. These little still lifes, the way my rubber boots were aligned near a plant, a bit of garlic in a small glass bowl on a windowsill. I've been thinking about my obsession with sewing threaded concentric lines onto paint chips, and tightly bound silverpoint drawings, paper cranes folded out of old grocery ads....wondering how all these things are related. And painting. Working again on a bigger painting (after almost 2 years of smaller ones), a eulogy of sorts that has been forming in my mind for a long time. Feeling almost ready to really open myself up, but not quite there, and also feeling a bit lost in the shuffle of my life, and thinking about what i want to do with the works that i create. Should I open an etsy shop, send work to more galleries, hunker down and really explore the ideas that seem to be shifting around me, go to grad school, learn to code websites, all of the above?

I've been looking at this artist alot, and another called know hope.

And how much i just want to repeat to myself over and over again, know hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment