Friday, April 16, 2010

neglected but not forgotten - 192 paintchips



There's been a lot of change in the last two months. A new job, a loss of a new job. A new house with room for a studio, an end to the Sellwood studio. An engagement!
I haven't been making art like I want to be, but i've been making some. And painting rooms and unpacking and planting strawberries, and planning a garden, and today I finally set the easel up in the new house. I feel the itch, and know I'll have more to post soon.

Through it all, i've still been sewing paintchips, a project that's travelled with me now to my 3rd house in 18 months and grown much larger than I ever thought possible. I spent the better part of the afternoon hanging them up today in the house - seeing what I've got done, trying to incorporate some none striped paintchips into the mix, and I think they work. Much better than anticipated, and counting. 192 paintchips so far. I'll break 200 for sure. Sometime soon I think and planning for their public debut.


No comments:

Post a Comment